11 Things you probably didn’t know about Mexico but should
Below are small things about Mexico that you ought to know but don't. Make sure you memorize them...they will make your trip to Mexico much more enjoyable.
1. Mexico is officially known as United Mexican States.
2. Mexico sits on a whopping 2 million square kilometer surface area, making it the fifth largest in the Americas and the 13th largest in the world.
3.The country has 113 million inhabitants, making it the world's largest Spanish speaking country - even larger than Spain.
4. Mexico is made up of 31 states and one district. The district is called Mexico City, which happens to be the capital of the country too.
5. Some of the Pre-Columbian civilizations that thrived in Mexico include; Maya, Aztecs, Zapotec, Teotihuacan, Toltec, and Olmec. Good luck trying reading about these civilizations.
6. Mexico is a federal constitutional republic.
7. Mexico has a whopping 32 UNESCO listed World Heritage Sites and as such attracts more than 22 million tourists every year.
8. By 2050, it is estimated that Mexico will be the world's seventh largest economy. Currently, it has the 15th largest nominal GDP in the world.
9. Among the attractions in Mexico include; Chichen Itza, Maya Codex, Tlatelolco markets, Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral, Taxco, Puebla Cathedral etc.
10. Destinations popular with tourists include; Isla Mujeres, Isla Holbox, Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Jalisco, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
11. There are a total of 233 airports. 35 of these are passenger airports. If you want to land in Mexico City, use Mexico City International Airport.
Good luck enjoying this vast country.
By Kennedy Runo on 12/21/2014 in Mexico