Top Ten Food Trucks in San Francisco
- Nothing beats the sweetness of a burger after an energy draining day of sightseeing. If you really want to know what makes San Francisco tick, then you need to sample the cheeseburgers, the premium coffees and the sandwiches served at the food trucks. So if you are traveller, don't wonder why the food trucks have long lines. Just join them and learn why. Below are the top food trucks in San Francisco and what should order there.
1. The Chairman Truck - Order the signature pork belly with green shisho and pickled daikon.
2. Roli Roti Gourmet Rotisserie - Find this truck tucked at South Beach and order its miracle sandwiches.
3. Docs of the Bay - Order the lightly battered sandwich or the homemade black bean & corn burgers. Make sure you get the red bell ketchup topping.
4. Cosmic America Voddo Van - Don't let the name scare you. Its fried potato juju balls are legendary. Alternatively you can sample the dessert sandwich that is made of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.
5. Kung Fu Tacos - This truck serves the best Asian asada burrito.
6. Brass Knuckles - Order fried chicken sandwich or the legendary Occupy SF Fries that features toppings such as cheese, poutine, carnitas, pico de gallo and crema.
7. Bacon Bacon - Bacon Bacon is the home of the mind blowing cured porcine. Ask for Beta Bacon Breaded Chicken Breast. Alternatively, you can buy for yourself chocolate-covered Bacon.
8. 4505 Meats - The chiccharones, jalapenos, and the bacon hotdogs are simply divine. Ask for them and you will think twice before paying top dollar at an up-scale restaurant. After all, you can have the same taste at much discounted rate.
9. Curry Up Now - find this truck parked in SF's financial district and ask for Chicken Tikka Masala burrito.
10. Flacos - This is to be found in the South Berkeley neighborhood. Order for their 'OMG' inducing tarquitos plate. Thank me later. For now, enjoy your heavily discounted tasty food.
By Kennedy Runo on 09/17/2014 in San Francisco