West Jet's Frozen-Themed Plane
Fly Magically on West Jet's Frozen Themed Plane
WestJet, WestJet Vacations and The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., Parks & Resorts, have made magic again, unveiling a second custom-painted, Disney-themed aircraft featuring Anna, Elsa and Olaf from Frozen. Like the MagicPlane featuring Sorcerer Mickey, the images on the DisneyFrozenThemedPlane tell an enchanting story. The tail of the aircraft features Anna and Elsa celebrating sisterhood and the magic of snow. Moving along the aircraft from back to front, the magic travels to warmer climes where Olaf can be found enjoying a summer day on the beach. The theme carries through to the interior of the aircraft with images on the overhead bins, bulkheads, lavatory mirrors and headrests.
Fun facts about the DisneyFrozenThemedPlane:
- The aircraft was painted in Fort Worth, Texas.
- The paint team included team members from Canada, the United States and Germany.
- They watched Frozen to get them into the spirit before work began.
- The job took 21 days of 12-hour rotations involving a constant crew of six painters working 24/7.
- The crew used 643.5 litres of paint consisting of 23 colours -- five for the umbrella alone. Sparkles were added to the paint in sections to add shimmer and shine as the aircraft moves.
- An airbrush artist was brought in to work on details around the sun, water and castle.
- The inside of the aircraft has decals and headrest covers that mimic the cold-to-warm (back-to-front) theme on the outside of the aircraft.
- There are 54 separate overhead bin doors on the aircraft and each has a unique Frozen decal.