Honolulu: It's more than just Waikiki beach
Nay. Waikiki Beach is not all there is to enjoy in Honolulu. Actually, it is a very small part of what Honolulu has become as a leisure travel destination. There are hundreds of activities to engage in and tens of attraction to visit.
Honolulu is the state capital and the largest city in Hawaii. It is serves as the county seat of the City and County of Honolulu. Its Pacific culture, cuisine and traditions have brought adventure seekers in their thousands.
Among the top attractions in the Honolulu other than the Waikiki Beach are;
- Diamond Head - this is a volcanic tuff head located in Oahu. The locals refer to it as Lēʻahi
- USS Arizona Memorial - This is the resting place of 1102 of the 1177 of the US marines and sailors that were killed on the USS Arizona during the Pearl Harbor bombing by the Japanese Air force.
- Hanauma Bay - This is has been aptly described as the most idyllic place on earth. It is located on the southeast coast of the island of Oahu.
- Lolani Palace
- USS Missouri - This is a US Navy Iowa class battleship that was the third to be named after the US State of Missouri.
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
- Honolulu Zoo
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Ala Moana Beach Park
- U.S. Army Museum of Hawaii
- Lyon Arboretum
- Waikiki Aquarium and many more.
Popular holiday activities to engage in Honolulu include; sailing, snorkeling, sunbathing, surfing, swimming, fine dining, exploring the Pearl Harbor and its memorials, shopping, cultural entertainment by the locals, beach volleyball and soccer, kiting, deep sea fishing and many more.
Visit Honolulu and be ready to be wowed. There are very few places on earth that can equal the holiday package offered by this city.