Top 10 things to do in Cuba
With the United States recently reopening its embassy in Cuba, it is expected that tourists will be coming into Cuba by the thousands. The country has been such an enigma for thousands of westerners who has Cuba listed in their bucket list. The José Martí International Airport is the busiest and largest airport in Cuba, and is served by more than 25 international airlines. There are numerous attractions and activities to experience in Cuba that will appeal to all types of travelers. Here is a list of the top ten things to do in Cuba.
- Old Havana is a must visit. You can take a stroll along its numerous streets and be fascinated by its structures, some of which are crumbling, but strangely enough, adds to the charm of Havana.
- Check out the Mausoleo del Che Guevara. Che Guevara was an important figure in Cuba’s history although he was an Argentinian. He performed a number of key roles in Castro’s government.
- Explore El Morro, a Spanish castle and fortress initially built in 1589. It was once a significant navigational landmark as it guards the entrance of Havana Bay.
- Enjoy the sights in Fusterlandia. A community project of Cuban artist, José Rodriguez Fuster, the houses in this neighborhood have been painted or decorated by the said artist. The colorful street art and remarkable murals are a must see.
- Step inside Camera Obscura and enjoy a live-action view of Havana. Camera Obsura is located on a rooftop above the Plaza Vieja.
- Take a tour of Alejandro Robaina Tobacco Plantation. Cuba is known for its cigars, and the plantation is where you will learn about the tobacco making process.
- An 8 kilometer-long sea drive, Malecon is a boulevard where you can watch old Buicks and Chevrolets drive by. A great place to watch the sunset and breathe in the beauty of the bay.
- Fabrica de Arte Cubano is the coolest place in Havana. You can enjoy dancing, watch live entertainment, or view the artwork by famous or struggling artists.
- Refesh at Playa Paraiso located at Cayo Largo. It is one of the most stunning beaches in Cuba. Simply picture perfect.
- Swim and interact with the dolphins at the Dolphinarium in Cayo Naranjo. It is a day trip worth experiencing.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many things to do in Cuba! Consult Jubilee and start planning a trip to Cuba also known as the “Pearl of the Antilles”.