Amsterdam for Families
Amsterdam is filled with fun, excitement, adventure and endless possibilities, the perfect mix for a family vacation. Teens, toddlers, and adults can all enjoy what Amsterdam has to offer as a top destination for families.
Here are 10 fun-filled activities for you and your family:
1. Visit Amsterdam's Zoo - Artis Royal Zoo. Amsterdam is home to 300 species of trees and 750 species of animals, including zebras, giraffes, elephants and chimpanzees. Explore the animal kingdom in one location!
2. Marvel at the beautiful and unique canal houses on a boat tour. The guides will give you and the kids interesting background information in a number of languages. There's also a toilet onboard, just in case.
3. Explore the NEMO Science Museum where science and technology meet fun. There are five floors to explore and if the young ones get hungry, there's an outdoor cafe on the roof. Throughout summer (June, July, and August), the roof has sand pits for the kids to explore.
4. Go on board a 17th-century ship called the "East Indiaman Amsterdam". This ship is a replica of a Dutch trading ship, is docked at the Dutch Marine Museum.
5. Enjoy an indoor park where children between the ages of 1-12 can swim in ball pools and climb jungle gyms. Older children can play skate kart driving, play football on the indoor soccer field or climb up the tower of survival in an inflatable 'underworld'. Parents facilities offer Free WIFI, a table full of magazines, ear buds, various kinds of coffee and tea and healthy food.
6. Tour the Geitenboerderij Ridammerhoeve (Goat farm), an organic farm where there are goats, chickens, cows, pigs, a horse, and a pony. In the cellar, they make cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, butter, fresh cheese and even ice cream from goat milk. There is also a playground and labyrinth on the field and a pool for toddlers, a short distance away.
7. Time travel to the past by visiting the Anne Frank House. She is one of Amsterdam’s most well-known former residents. The Anne Frank House is where she lived in hiding with her family for more than two years during World War II. Now converted into a museum it contains a sobering exhibition about the persecution of the Jews during the war, as well as discrimination in general. The doorway to the annex was concealed behind a specially constructed moveable bookcase.
8. Consider "The Amsterdam Dungeon" , which has many shows and actor and centuries of dark history. different shows and actors and 500 years of dark history. Laugh and scream at the thrilling sight of cackling witches; see, smell, listen and be afraid. The full cast of professional, theatrical actors plays gruesome characters, such as the (not-so) fair judge and the devilish torturer.
9. Rent a Bakfiets. They can be rented in numerous places around the city, and your kids will love this way of transportation. There are bike lanes everywhere, and cars are very much accustomed to all the bikes around, so it’s all as safe as can be.
10. Shop till you drop at Nine little Streets. They offer interesting shops and boutiques. There's fashion, art, design, and even a toothbrush shop. Not to mention ‘Pancakes’, which is a great, child friendly place to stop for lunch and eat pancakes
Contact Jubilee Travel to plan your family vacation to Amsterdam today!