Attractive Cities in Croatia
- Zagreb – the capital and largest city.
- Dubrovnik – historic coastal city and UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Split – ancient port city with Roman ruins.
- Pula – biggest town in Istria with the Roman amphitheater (commonly called Arena).
- Osijek – capital of Slavonia and an important city.
- Sisak – largest river port, city on three rivers and a city that has stopped the spread of the Turks in Europe in 1593, formerly Siscia.
- Slavonski Brod – a once important star-fort on the Ottoman defensive line.
- Rijeka – Croatia’s largest and main port.
- Varaždin – Croatia’s former Baroque capital.
- Zadar – biggest city of north-central Dalmatia with rich history.
Written by The Travel Valet.
Photo provided by Via Tours Croatia.