Everything you need to know about Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport is one of the airports that you should be curious about. It is one of the few airports that give you access to all the inhabited continents of the world. Below are a few facts about the airport.
- Heathrow Airport is codenamed as follows; IATA - LHR, ICAO - EGLL.
- Here are some accolades that the airport has earned over the years; it is the busiest airport in Europe by passenger numbers, the third busiest in the world by passenger traffic, and handles the largest number of international passengers in the world.
- The airport is located about 12 miles west of Central London.\
- It sits on 12.14 square kilometers, has 2 parallel runways and 5 terminals.
- The airport's Terminal 5 was voted the best in the world by Skytrax World's Best Airport Terminal 2014.
- Ground Transport - With train, you can use Heathrow Express, Heathrow Connect, London Underground, and Southwest trains. Other means of transport from and to the airport include bus and coach, taxi, car hire, and bicycle.
Welcome to London...or to any other part of the world!