Hot Spots! Where To Get The World Class Hot Springs Around The World
Hot Spots. Hot springs.
When you hear those words, what comes to mind? Do you picture yourself dipping in a natural hot spring? Do you day dream drinking your favorite wine as you enjoy the pool of naturally heated water? Why don't you actualize this dream? Below are 10 world-class hot springs that you would be remiss to miss.
1. Ma'In Hot Springs, Jordan -Even the Biblical King Herod used to soak in these hot springs. They are rumored to have medicinal purposes.
2. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico - Way before your great grandfather was born, the Aztecs had discovered the medicinal qualities of this hot spring. The natives discovered that the thermal waters were especially great for relaxation.
3. Pamukkale hot spring, Denizli, Turkey - These are found below the ruins of hieropolis. This has been a popular spa since the reign of the Romans.
4. Termas Geometricas, Pucon, Chile - These are a series of 20 pools that are linked together by wooden walkway. They are found in the larger Villarica National Park.
5. The Blue Lagoon, Grindavik, Iceland - If you want your skin to look radiant again, head to this Icelandic spa whose waters are 98 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Terme di Saturnia, Saturnia, Italy - This is Tuscan's most favored hot spring. Back in the days, it was reserved to the Roman nobles.
7. Yangpachen Hot Springs, Yangbajing, Tibet - The blistering 158 degrees Fahrenheit is cooled to give travellers the best of Tibetan hospitality. It is located about 14,764 feet above the sea level.
8. Takaragawa Onsen, Gunma, Japan - How about a dip in this hot spring as you enjoy the views of the surrounding mountains and thick foliage?
9. Dunton Hot Springs, Dolores, Colorado - This is the gem of the Sun Juan's Mountains in Colorado.
10. Termas de Puritama, Atacama Desert, Chile - This is said to have been used by the Atacama peoples to heal rheumatism, arthritis and fatigue. IT is made up of 8 pools that are connected with wooden footpath.
Go on and take a dip. You never know what cures you may derive thereof.
By Kennedy Runo on 04/08/2015