It's Impossible to be Blue in Colorful Curacao!
Curaçao’s popularity is growing fast among Canadian travellers is rapidly growing. Why? Because this idyllic island has so much to offer:
- The island is influenced by more than 50 cultures, the main ones being Dutch, Spanish and African-Caribbean. This cultural fusion, along with Curaçao’s welcoming people and laid-back lifestyle, are what set it apart.
- The island offers warm weather and glistening beaches typically found throughout the Caribbean; however, its landscape, colourful infrastructure, and leisure activities such as diving make it appealing to different travellers and position it as an ideal vacation getaway.
- Curaçao is a fantastic choice for water sports and beach lovers. The island boasts white-sand beaches and crystalline waters, great for snorkelling and diving.
- It has excellent duty, free shopping and casinos.
- For lovers of culture, Dutch heritage and architecture abound, as colourful Dutch-style townhomes decorate the island.
- It’s rich in Jewish and African heritage and over 50 nationalities are present on the island.
- It’s also a creative melting pot, housing over 30 artists and a number of art galleries.
- Divers flock to Curaçao for deep-sea adventures where breathtaking coral gardens flourish and tropical fish roam.
- Centuries of intermingling cultures has resulted in a rich local cuisine called krioyo, which features Dutch, Spanish, Creole and Indonesian flavours, and in turn, there are a variety of restaurants and eateries to choose from.
- Christoffel National Park is a preserve formed from three former plantations that today houses a superb museum, which gives insight to the island’s rich colonial past.
Jubilee Travel thanks Travel Courier for the photo and information in this article.