Why get married in the Bahamas
There are endless ways to declare your love for one another when planning a destination wedding in The Bahamas. With blue skies, pure white sand beaches, and several cays, reefs, beaches and botanical gardens, the possibilities are endless. The Bahamas won the prestigious 2015 Leading Wedding Destination at the World Travel Awards which is a testament to why you should get married in the Bahamas. Still not convinced? Here are ten more reasons why you should get married in the Bahamas:
1. Breathtakingly Beautiful Beaches Beaches in the Bahamas are stunning. With pink, gold and white corals on white sand, it makes for a perfect wedding setting.
2. Unique Church Ceremonies Interested in an Asian style wedding or Indian inspired wedding? Then the Bahamas is for you! The Bahamas offers church ceremonies, such as Pyaar Atlantis, on Atlantis Paradis Island for couples.
3. Dolphins and Underwater Weddings Have you ever had a dolphin ring bearer? In the Bahamas, at Blue Lagoon just off Nassau/Paradis Island, the dolphins can take part in your ceremony as the ring bearer or have them glide around you as you hold your wedding on the ocean floor.
4. Sailing Away to “I Do's.” After saying your “I Do’s,” you can sail away on a white catamaran into the sunset. Who needs a white wedding car?
5. Vibrant Junkanoo Weddings In the Bahamas, Junkanoo is a big part of the culture, so much so that it has now become a wedding theme. Street parades, costumes and musicians combined will make the big day as memorable as can be.
6. Tropical Botanical Gardens Nassau Botanical Gardens and the Gardens of the Grove on Grand Bahama Island have bougainvillea, oleander, and hibiscus in abundance. These, among many others, will give your wedding an amazing, tropical feel that you can’t help but love.
7. Sandals Emerald Bay Sandals Emerald Bay is located on Great Exuma, and they offer wedding settings that include beautiful beaches, tropical gardens and a special “Flutter of Romance’ with an array of pink flowers and butterfly decorations.
8. Historical Weddings How about a wedding at the ruins of a chapel? Couples can hold their ceremonies at the Hermitage in the ruins of the chapel that was created by Father Jerome in the 1800s on Mount Alvernia on Cat Island.
9. Romance! The Versailles-styled gardens at the 14th Century Augustinian Cloister on Paradise Island offers nothing but true romance! Who doesn’t want romance in their wedding?
10. Pre and Post Wedding Activities What will you do before or after your wedding? The Bahamas offers a wide range of activities that you can do to relax before the big day or to start your lives together after the wedding. Biking, beach bonfires, dinner cruises, dolphin encounter, glass bottom boat adventures and for the true adventurers there is parasailing and snorkeling tours.
Few places can offer a once in a lifetime memory; the Bahamas is one of these destinations. What is a wedding, if not a wonderful lifetime memory? Contact Jubilee Travel today to book your wedding in the Bahamas.