Top 10 Things to do in Ixtapa-Zihuatenejo, Mexico
The beach towns of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo are just 9 kilometers apart, making both ideal to visit at the same time. Aside from enjoying the sun, sea and sand, there are more attractions and experiences to enjoy in these towns. Here are the other things you can do in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo.
- Zihuatanejo has three cooking schools where you can learn how to whip up delicious Mexican dishes such tortillas, enchiladas, tamales, and rellenos. You can learn from the best at the Patio Mexica Cooking School, Cooking with Claudia, and Zihuatanejo Cooking School.
- Visit the Xihuacan Museum and Archeological Site in Ixtapa which features excavated ancient ruins.
- If you are with your kids, you must not miss the Magic World Aquatic Park located in Ixtapa. It features a wave pool, water slides, navigation channel, and a pirate ship with slides and paddling pool which kids will enjoy tremendously.
- Stroll, eat and shop at the Paseo de Pescador in Zihuatanejo. A delightful area where you can laze the day away.
- Visit the Museo Arqueologico de la Costa Grande in Zihuatanejo. It featires 6 rooms of artifacts ranging from indigenous times to the Spanish colonial period.
- Take a Nature & Wildlife Tour on a horseback in Zihuatanejo or a group tour by Gray Line Ixtapa.
- Shop for tequila at the Bodega del Tequila located in Zihuatanejo. It features non-brand name tequilas which are locally crafted. It also sells small wooden casks of varying sizes where you can keep your tequila.
- Participate in a dolphin encounter in Ixtapa’s Delfiniti aquarium. You can swim and interact with dolphins. It also provides a learning experience about dolphins for kids and adults.
- Watch the sunset in Zihuatanejo Bay. Great place to chill and relax.
- Enjoy numerous activities including windsurfing, kitesurfing, deep sea fishing, boating, shark diving, snorkeling, soothing massages, and a whole lot more!
Consult jubilee for more details, and have fun in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo.