Ins and Outs of COVID Travel
Things sure have changed since this time last year! People want to travel and they want to know what to expect if they did decide to go somewhere so we want to acquaint you with a few things that are in effect at this time (October 1, 2020).
For any of the airlines or tour companies, here are some details on the COVID insurance they have in place:
- Both Air Canada and Westjet have introduced COVID insurance for travel to the various destinations they serve.The insurance covers you for Medical Reasons should you develop signs of COVID-19 while travelling. It covers trips to a maximum of 21 days. It is NOT Cancellation or General Medical Insurance and only covers.It also does NOT cover travel involving cruising.
- There are differences between the insurance offered by different companies.For example, Air Canada covers tickets to the United States but Westjet does not.This is just one example and the insurance rules are constantly changing. At the time of booking, we can provide you with the most up-to-date information.
- The tour companies like Sunwing have resumed their winter schedules.The resorts they offere are implementing protocols to protect the traveller by operating at 50% capacity.We have garnered a lot of information from returning passengers that we can share with you to help answer your questions.
- The tour companies are also providing COVID Insurance. For example, Sunwing is offering Manulife insurance included in all packages booked before Oct 31st, 2020.This offer is Air Only and tour packages for travel before April 2021.We are waiting for information on whether insurance will be offered from November 1st, 2020.
- Manulife is also introducing COVID travel insurance options in October 2020, at a date to be advised.
Masks are required at the airports and during your flight, no matter where you are going or with whom you are travelling.Some countries require COVID testing before and/or after you arrive there. Many resorts in Mexico, the Caribbean and elsewhere require masks to be used on the property.
We are still booking group and individual travel. We are here to help you navigate the ins and outs of travel during COVID.We will help you to find out all the regulations that apply to your destination country.Just give us a call or send us an email with your questions or concerns.
Jubilee Travel – (306) 373-9633 or 1-877-608-3500
Sandy Farber, Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Text or call (306) 280-7737Marilyn White, Travel Advisor email@example.com Text or call (306) 380-0522